Trip of Wonders Part II - 5 Cafes in Seminyak, Bali You Can't Miss!
I have been to Bali twice prior to my third visit with the Trip of Wonders, a 12-day trip hosted by the Ministry of Tourism of Indonesia along with 9 other social media influencers from all over the world. However, this third trip to Bali was different, I had a lot more time to explore the local cafe scene, which is always a must-do for me when I travel and I was able to hit up some of the best and trendiest spots thanks to my local friends there! So, if you're planning on going to Bali soon, make sure you bookmark this article, the places I'm gonna talk about are not just photogenic but the food actually tastes good as well!
1. SEA CIRCUS RESTAURANT & BAR O M G. I am still in awe of how cute this place is. On the last day of our trip, I dragged my Malaysian Instagrammer friend @euniceeunny to get brunch at Sea Circus. It's only a few minutes walk from where we were staying in Seminyak, the Montigo Resort. Sea Circus stands out from the rest of the restaurants in the area with its vibrant colors and funky drawings on the wall. As you can probably imagine, we spotted a lot of Instagram husbands and boyfriends busy getting the job done. The magic continues when you enter Sea Circus: colorful chairs, string lights hanging on the ceiling and the place is full of cute wall art and fresh flowers. I got the avocado smoked salmon bagel sandwich, Eunice got the avocado toast and we ordered an acai bowl to share. The food was excellent and the presentation was gorgeous as well.
Address: Jalan Kayu Aya 22, Seminyak
2. MAD POPS When I was in Bali back in September I was always craving ice cream because it was just way too hot and I needed something to cool down. My Bali friend Yurike took me to Mad Pops while we're shopping in Seminyak. As soon as I walked in I was like "OMG (yes there were a lot of OMGs throughout my bali trip, bare with me please) this is the place with the 'ice ice baby' neon sign I saw all over on Instagram!!"
Mad Pops is a small ice cream parlor that serves coconut based VEGAN ice cream with a wide range of flavors with less sugar and definitely healthier than any other ice cream stalls.
Ps. I couldn't help but listen to Vanilla Ice's Ice Ice Baby song while writing this section. Is it just me or you're also mouthing the lyrics to the song now? Address: Jl. Kayu Aya no. 48 | In front of Green Spot flower shop, Denpasar 80361, Indonesia
3. NOOK Nook is an Indonesian-western fusion restaurant located at Petitenget, Seminyak. What's so special about Nook? Well, it's pretty obvious by just looking at the photos below - IT‘S RIGHT NEXT TO A FREAKING RICE FIELD!!! I love the amazing view and the relaxing ambiance at Nook, and their decor perfectly blends in with the beautiful surroundings.
The place is outdoor and you can either choose to sit under the roof or under the tree. They offer a great mix of Western, Indonesian and Asian dishes. I ordered avocado toast (duh of course) and a smoothie. Address: Jl. Umalas 1, Gang Nook 1,Seminyak, Bali, Indonesia
4. CAFE ORGANIC Another charming cafe in Bali. Before I start talking about Cafe Organic, I have a sad story to share. I originally planned on going to Kynd Community, another super cute cafe with a pink wall a little further down the road. It was sprinkling on the way there and I thought to myself, "just a little rain, no biggie," while thinking about the cute acai bowls at Kynd. When I finally got there, it was dead quiet and the staff said to me "Sorry, but there's a power outage so all of our machines are down and not sure when the electricity will be back on." So, I ended up at Cafe Organic, which was also on my list and I'm glad I decided to stop by. Thanks for saving my miserable morning Cafe Organic! Cafe Organic has an earthy touch and is full of natural elements with their wooden chairs and linen pillows. Their menu shows an array of fresh juices, smoothie bowls, and vegetarian dishes. I loved the acai bowl and they even put everything in a coconut shell which was super cute!
Make sure you snap a picture of their badass slogan "Garden Gangster," it'll make a good Instagram picture ;)
Address: Jl Batu Bolong, Canggu, Bali - 80361, Indonesia
5. Pottery Cafe We discovered this hidden gem while on the culinary tour with Bali Food Safari, a food tour company that hosts different mystery dining tours across multiple venues in the Seminyak Area. The Pottery Cafe is located inside Hotel Indigo, a new resort that just opened back in August, 2017. The Pottery Cafe is a lovely place to unwind with a great cup of coffee and some traditional Indonesian desserts. We also tried their cold brew and the chocolate banana croissant. Boy it was seriously the BEST croissant I've ever had. I remember when we visited Pottery Cafe it was around 10:30 in the morning and I just finished breakfast at 9:30 so I thought I'd just take a bite of the croissant and literally 5 minutes later I've already devoured the entire thing. It was soft, moist on the inside, hot and crispy/flaky on the outside. The staffs there were very knowledgeable about their coffee, if you're a coffee addict, add this place to your list! Address: JI.Camplung TandukNo. 10 Seminyak, Bali, Indonesia